BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS

...The Snake Pit...

...The Snake Pit...

Saturday, May 29, 2010

What Love Is

This may be a regular occurring theme for me, but it may not be either. I don't really have much of a love life to speak of, but I can tell that my last 'entry' likely didn't show that I may even think it exist. Well, that my friends would be a fallacy. I do believe in love, but not that there's only one type, for one person. Just like everything else in the world, there are schools of thought and layers about the entire issue.

There is the one person, one lover scenario. And if that's the case I'm screwed and won't need to worry about it anyway. I had a love in high school that I thought was real, and she was 'my one' (what person doesn't have that person in high school...?) So I think MOST of us can kick this one right in the ass. Sorry, we are not chemically bonded to love just one person, we're friggin' star dust! Random bits of stardust! Don't believe me... friggin' watch the Discovery channel! That shit is trippy.

Anywhoo, then there's the soulmate thing that we're always searching for just one person to make us happy. And I'll admit, this one seems to work more and more as I'm watching my friends all start to get married and everyone having a grand time with it. But hell, what if your soulmate is in Russia and you're piddlin' about here in the United States drinking latte's and settling for whoever is closest? No ... I do think there is more to it than random dumb luck of finding one out of 7 billion. But hey, if you can get that lucky than by all means, knock me off my pedestal. But I'll warn you, it's pretty high ... so be ready to climb.

So what do I believe then? People enjoy each others' company, and eventually fall for one another. The brain is a fickle mistress however, so it only lasts as long as things seem to be riding high. Some people we stick it out with as the high times come much more often than the low times, but they still happen. I haven't found anyone that I can 'stick with' yet. And the closest I have came to it are towards people who are openly poly. Because there's no secrets in those relationships (which is why I blatantly stay AWAY from people who seem to be shady or cheating.) I already have trust issues, and the way that these tend to form is all about trusting, and being open with one another. I truly do love that aspect of these relationships and am not sure if I can put that same level of trust into a monogamous thing.

I would like to, sure. And have someone that would 'be mine'. But at this moment in time I'm not sure that I'm ready for that. Soon, yes. But not right now.

1 comments:

The Invisible Seductress said...

I'm still waiting..Thought I had it a few times though..That's almost worse I think....sigh..